Monday, May 31, 2021

The Mins Game: join me in June!

 I was introduced to the Mins Game by The Minimal Mom, but according to her, the concept came from The Minimalists.  The idea is to start at the beginning of a month.  Day 1, declutter one item; day 2, declutter two, all the way up to decluttering 30 items on day 30 (here's the explanation from The Minimalists).  By the end of the month, if the player has been doing it right, they will have decluttered 465 items.  

Sounds like a lot, right?  It is a lot.  I've heard that the average home in the U.S. contains around 300,000 items, so surely you can find 465 you'd be willing to part with over the course of a month, yes?  Maybe?

The reason it's a game is because one is supposed to be competing with others, and whoever gets the farthest without skipping a day wins.  And if everyone gets to the end?  Everyone wins!  Ever since I saw a video where Dawn mentioned the Mins Game, I have wanted to try it, and I hope you'll do it with me.  

If you've been with me for a while (and I think you probably have, since no one reads my blog except family and close friends), you know that I don't tolerate clutter well.  I get rid of so much stuff that it's a wonder I have anything left.  So, you have a good chance of beating me, since I'm not sure I'll be able to find 465 items to get rid of.

I'll do my best each day, and I'll update about once a week to let you know how I'm doing--watch for my posts.

What do you think?  Are you up for a challenge?  Are you willing to play?

We start tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Some month I might do this... Not this month...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...