Monday, August 9, 2021

Menu plan for the week of August 9

 Remember when I said my regular grocery store was closed for remodeling?  And that I was kind of rotating through four other close-ish locations for my grocery shopping trips?  Well, now one of the kiddos has something for an hour every Monday, and I'm going to the same grocery store location every week while he's doing that.  It doesn't make sense for me to go home in between, so I drive another few miles down the road to the grocery store.

Someone left this painted chicken rock for me at the grocery store weeks ago. 
I thought about taking it, because they obviously left it for me
I didn't. 
It's gone now.

I'm getting to know that store's layout pretty well.

The thing is, it takes about 15 minutes, depending on traffic and traffic lights, to get from where I'm dropping off the kiddo to the grocery store.  And then, of course, it takes another 15 minutes, depending on traffic, to get back.  So I've got a maximum of 30 minutes to park, obtain a cart, grab the groceries, pay for them, pack them up, put them in my vehicle, return my cart, and return to my vehicle.  Which is fine.  It's a small store, so I can totally do it.

It just feels like every week, it's getting closer and closer.  The first week, I got back with about 15 minutes to spare; today it was about two.  I'm not sure I'm liking this trend.

Way back in April, I asked one of the team members at my store when they'd be reopening, and they told me August, so it should be open, and I should be back learning the new store layout, soon.

In the meantime, we continue to eat.  Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...