Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas cheer


We had our Christmas party over at "Camp Scarlet" on the Wednesday before Christmas.  Well, actually, what we had was Scarlet thinking she could get more done in 3 hours than she really could.  We baked cookies, made snowflake ornaments and tree ornaments, played with play dough, danced to Christmas carols, had a parade...it doesn't really sound like a lot, when I list it like that, but believe me, with three 3 year olds, it was...Car had to leave before we got any of the cookies decorated, but Pal got to decorate a few.  Whew.  That morning was a metaphor for my life in that week pre-Christmas.  So many plans, but I was just physically unable to complete everything, and I was so busy trying to accomplish everything on my list that I forgot to enjoy myself.  I know some of you can relate.  But, you know what?  It was OK that I didn't get everything done before Christmas.  We already knew that I wasn't Superwoman--so what's one more confirmation that I can't do everything and do it well?  The world did not come to an end.  Not even a little bit. 
Logo and Bubby putting their cookie decorating skills to work
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We were gone for most of our Christmas break, visiting family and attending a party in honor of my Grandma's 85th birthday, so we opened our family Christmas gifts a few days early.  Logo was the first to open a gift--I forget what I was doing that prevented me from being in the living room with everyone else, but they kept asking if Logo could go ahead and open his present and I kept saying no, because I needed to be there with the camera.  His reaction did not disappoint:

So that's what he was so excited about--32 little football helmets, representing the 32 NFL teams.  As you can see, he had calmed down a bit by the time we took this picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...