Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Science Museum and Polar Camp

We went to the Minnesota Science Museum on Monday--they have a program called "Playdate Monday," where children age 5 and under get in free with a paid adult (but children under the age of 5 get in free every day).  There are make and takes, a special story time, and some short science-y presentations throughout the day.  We had a fun time, but it really didn't seem any different from any of the other times I've gone to the museum.  And it was a bummer because we missed the geometry playground exhibit by a day.  They were dismantling it when we were there--it looked like it was really fun.
Here's Pal experimenting with air flow

Bubby looking at stuff that lives on his body in the microscope
 The pendulum pen writer thingy was the kids' favorite, I think, that and the thing that shows how much blood is in your body.  No pictures of those, because we were too busy playing to stop and pose.

And the answer to the question you're all (at least those of you who remember this post) thinking is, "no, I did not park in the parking garage."  I was intending to, but I chickened out at the last minute and parked across the street.  I'm such a wimp.  It was cheaper to park where I did, though...

* * * * * * * * * * *
My three oldest boys went to Cub Scout Polar Camp on Saturday.  They have such a talent for choosing the absolute coldest day to go.  They had a great time, as always, and no moving violations this year (at least not that I've heard).
Logo said his favorite activity was snow tubing


This is Code-man digging in the snow.  With a spoon.  I don't know why.

* * * * * * * * * * * *
The motor in our water heater's exhaust fan gave up on Sunday night.  We knew it was coming, since the thing was making pained noises for quite some time previously, but the whole unit is sealed, so we couldn't get at it to do anything about it.  While I am far from happy that this happened, I am thrilled with the timing.  I was absolutely sure that it was going to wait to stop working until Hubby was out of town.  And while I don't mind fixing stuff or making do until Hubby gets around to fixing stuff, a broken water heater was not something that I was looking forward to dealing with.  Thanks for being here, Hubby :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...