Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Construction sensory bin

I don't know where I first heard of this idea, but it's a good one, so I tucked it away in my brain for future use.  Yesterday dawned gray and rainy, and I knew we'd be needing some fun inside activities to keep us sane. 

I poured some cornmeal into a 9x13" pan and added a set of construction vehicles for Roger to play with.  Simple, easy, and so much fun (and only a little messy--I put the 9x13" pan on top of a large jelly roll pan to contain the bits that escaped--you could also put down a drop cloth).
This was so much fun, in fact, that this morning even MC couldn't keep his hands off :)

Cornmeal is great for this, because it looks like sand, but you could also use rice, dry beans or lentils, or even birdseed--whatever you happen to have on hand.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...