Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happily pinning away

Remember waaaaay back in November when I said I'd been pinned?  I also said,"I have yet to try Pinterest, being of the opinion that such a thing would be very detrimental to my housework completion ratio."  Well, I have been happily pinning away (not pining away--that's something completely different) for oh...about 5 days now, and I'm pleased to report that it hasn't affected my housework completion ratio in the least.  OK, maybe a little bit, but I've had a lot going on the past couple of days.

Just to review, Pinterest is sort of a virtual corkboard.  As you come across ideas or images online that you want to remember, you can pin them to your board.  The advantage of pinning is that, unlike bookmarking, you can see a picture and write yourself a little note to remind yourself why you wanted to save that particular site.  Plus?  You can keyword search on Pinterest to see what other Pinners have deemed pin-worthy.  Basically, you're gathering all of the best of the web, however "best of" is defined for you, into one easily accessible location.

So what made me take the plunge into pinnerhood?  Well, I was busy preparing for our next theme for Camp Scarlet and came across a craft that I absolutely love.  I knew that I would forget about it if I didn't do something to jog my memory.  Bookmarking just wouldn't do.
{Image Source}
I was just about to print it, when I put my mental foot down and said, no.  No more paper.  Not one more piece of paper needs to be generated in this household at this time.  And that's when my Boy Scout friend, Elly, did a good turn and sent me an invitation to join Pinterest (thanks, Elly).  By permitting me to avoid generating more paper clutter, Pinterest is actually helping with the housework matter.  Right?  I'll take that as a yes.

Even if you're not a member, you can check out my boards here.  I'll give you 3 guesses as to what our next theme will be.  If you have been sucked in to the vortex of collaborative loveliness that is Pinterest, let me extend a kind invitation to follow me.

See ya there!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...