Monday, March 26, 2012

Losing my mind...Snowpants edition

So, you know how it's been unseasonably warm around here this winter?  Well, a couple of weeks ago, we took unseasonably warm to a whole new level.  It was mid to upper 80s here last week.  Our normal high at this time of year is in the upper 30s.  Normally at this time of year, we still have a good amount of snow on the ground, so the kids wear full winter gear, including boots, snowpants, hats and gloves, to school every day.  But not this year.  And that's why, about a week and a half ago, I decided to remove MC's snowpants from his backpack and store them...somewhere (I was a little fuzzy on the details).

So, I took them out, and they weren't his.  I was sure that his are Cherokee brand, with a button closure, and these were some other brand, with an elastic waist.  I figured MC grabbed someone else's pants by mistake, in the end of the day confusion.  I checked the tag to see if a responsible parent had labeled these snowpants.  Nope.  So I sent them back to school, with a note asking Mrs. W to please check around to see if someone else had MC's snowpants.

Unfortunately, most (all?) of the other parents were on top of the snowpants situation, realizing much earlier on in our heatwave that they could leave the snowpants at home, and no one else brought snowpants to school that day.  And so, at the end of the day, these alien snowpants were still resident in MC's backpack.  I sent them back again, because it didn't feel right to keep someone else's snowpants hostage.  Knowing that MC's coat hook is right next to E's hook, I decided to email E's mom in a last-ditch effort to see if somehow their household was unwittingly hosting MC's snowpants.

At the end of the day, those snowpants were still in MC's backpack.  I decided to take them out and put them in the lost and found at school--maybe then someone would claim them.  It wasn't a huge loss if we didn't get MC's actual snowpants back, since they had a hole in one of the knees--I was planning to toss them at the end of the season anyway.  And I was anxious to move the snow gear out of the mud room, even though I knew we'd need it again for our inevitable April snowstorm.

So I took out those snowpants, and took one more look at the tag for a name, just in case I missed it the first time.  You may remember that I had checked for a name on day 1 of this ordeal.  And what do you think I saw on that tag?

Blue-
field

(our last name is so long you can't write it on a tag in one line, even if you go diagonally).

I am losing my mind.

Or, and this is the option I prefer, Mrs. W is being very tricky :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...