Monday, March 17, 2014

My Date and Menu Plan for the week of March 17

This weekend I went on a date with AKD.  The movie that we wanted to see on the big screen finally made its way to our favorite second run theater, so we went to see it.  AKD's been asking to go to a certain national chain Italian restaurant for ...years... and there happens to be one near the theater, so we went there first.

I dislike going out to eat.  I am almost always disappointed.  Most of the time, I will sit there eating my meal and think, I could make this faster and cheaper, and it would taste better, too.  Granted, if I go out to eat, I don't have to cook, and I don't have to clean up, but when I'm paying such a large mark-up for food, I would like for it to at least taste good.  My date with AKD was no different.  Totally disappointed by my entrée, which I could have for less than 1/6th the cost.  Such a bummer.  AKD was disappointed, too.  He liked his meal, at least, but a crummy feeling started in his tummy about halfway through.

After dinner we popped over to the mall to complete a mystery shop involving frozen treats.  Yum!  Except AKD's tummy was feeling crummy, and my tummy was feeling very, very full, despite the fact that I ate less than half of my food (AKD thinks there was something wrong with the breadsticks...).  Oh well, we suffered through it, and went on to enjoy the movie.  But not very much because of the states of our tummies.

So why am I telling you this?  Number 1 because if you plan on taking me on a date, be prepared for it not to involve food, or at least not expensive food.  Unless it's ice cream.  And number 2, this is why while you will see it this week, you will rarely see "out to eat" on my menu plans.

And now, for your inspiration, the plan:

Supper:

--Shepherd's pie (from the freezer), Homemade whole wheat bread, applesauce
--Chicken guacamole enchiladas, Tossed salad, corn, strawberries
--Italian bow tie pasta bake, Broccoli/Cauliflower/Carrot medley, Mandarin oranges
--Fried ring bologna* with au gratin potatoes, applesauce, green beans
--Pork chops, grilled garlic toast, Brussels sprouts
--Peppered steak with Portobello sauce (didn't make this last week), mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus
--Out to eat

Snacks/other:

--Guacamole
--Whole wheat bread
--French toast made with Cinnamon swirl bread
--No bake peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars

* So, apparently, Hubby's mommy used to make this?  I say used to, because I'm pretty sure she doesn't make it anymore.  At least, she hasn't made it for me in the 22 years that I've known her... Sounds completely gross to me, but when I ask for ideas for meals from the fam, I need to be willing to follow through with their suggestions, so there it is.  Pray for us...and pray for our cholesterol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...