Friday, June 5, 2009

In control, part 2

So yesterday I was blogging about being in control, or at least thinking that we're in control, and I wanted to expand on that just a little bit. So many of us like to be in control, if not of everything, than of as much as possible. One of my best friends is getting a crash course right now in realizing that she can't control everything, and it's kind of tough on her--she's a structured, scheduled, planning type of girl. But I am reminded that trying to maintain our control, or our illusion of control, can be exhausting, especially when, as things do, everything starts falling apart.


Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) My friends, it's not just that you're not in control, but you can give it all up, your need to think you're in control, give it to Jesus, and rest in him. Rest. What a precious gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...