Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fuzzy and pink

So when I went to school yesterday, I found one jacket of ours in the lost and found, and MC managed to remember to bring home a sweatshirt.  That leaves 2 or 3 more out there somewhere.  Unfortunately, I didn't have time to run down the hall to search outside of MC's classroom.  Maybe next week...
*****
Bubby got his stitches out yesterday.  I'll spare you the details, but in some ways getting them out was more difficult than putting them in, for Bubby, me, and the health care professionals.  But now they're out.
*****
AKD just finished up his 6 week "Family and Consumer Ed" class at school.  This is the class that used to be good ol' home-ec, when I was in Jr. High.  It's been a good class for me.  For instance, one of his assignments was to cook a meal for his family.  I loved that assignment.  He had to clean up, too.  Anyway, here's one of the simple and yummy recipes they made in class--you'll definitely want to double or triple this one.

Cinnamon Snails
4 slices of bread (we used store brand whole wheat bread)
1/4 c. cream cheese
3 T butter
2 T cinnamon sugar mix
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Trim crusts from bread (AKD used a pizza cutter)
  3. Soften cream cheese in microwave for 20 seconds.  Spread 1 T of cream cheese on each slice of bread (AKD used substantially less than this).
  4. Roll up bread slices with cream cheese inside.
  5. Slice each roll into 3 pieces.
  6. Put butter in a custard cup and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds.
  7. Dip one cut side of each roll in the melted butter (AKD dipped one uncut side) and then in the cinnamon-sugar mix.  Dip only one cut end.
  8. Place rolls, buttered and sugared side up on greased baking sheet.
  9. Bake 5-8 minutes.
MmmMmm!  So good.  The next time I make this, I think I'll sprinkle some cinnamon-sugar on the cream cheese before I roll the bread up.
*****
And now, seriously, this is so exciting, I'm not sure how I managed to keep from blurting it out this long.  Hubby bought me a present yesterday when I was at the Mart.  (Don't worry--I showed it to him when he got home).  It's fuzzy.  It's pink.  It's Animal slippers!  I looooove them!  So warm and fuzzy and pink...  And I had to get a Muppets DVD from the library today, so my kids would understand. *sigh* They're growing up in a world where the Muppet Show exists only on digital media--so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...