Monday, October 17, 2011

My husband told me the other day that he's going to be traveling for work a lot during the next couple of months.  He might finally get to Mexico and last night he was telling me about the grueling long flights back and forth to Ireland.  Yes, that Ireland--he might go there next month!  I'll have him drink a beer for you while he's there.

But before you even think it, stop.  You should know that if one more person says to me, "I don't know how you do it," I will scream.  No maybe about it.  Once and for all, here is how I "do it."  I do what needs to be done because, as the adult, I have to.  I am not a saint or a supermom or even very nice sometimes.  I do what I can and the rest falls by the wayside because I am only human.

When Hubby's gone, I try to fulfill all of my responsibilities, along with as many of his as I can.  Let me just clue you in here, in case you're still not convinced: I always fail miserably.  Always.

Here are just some of the things that Hubby does for us, that we miss when he's away.
  • Pours drinks at supper time
  • Takes boys to Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, FROG, and karate
  • Walks AKD to the bus stop (at 6:22 a.m.!)
  • Puts clean dishes away
  • Cleans the stove top
  • Tells awesome bedtime "no book" stories
  • Uses the broken elevator to put Bubby in bed
  • Mows the lawn
  • Reaches stuff on high shelves
  • Kills and removes bugs, spiders, and other creepy crawlies
  • Deals with household malfunctions
  • Picks apples
  • Makes breakfast
  • Changes Bubby's bandage
  • Plays with us
  • Cheers at soccer games
  • Puts clean clothes away
  • Keeps boys on task with their chores
  • Gets the oil changed in our vehicles
  • Helps me rearrange furniture
  • Takes us fishing and canoeing and kayaking and hiking
  • Cleans up after vomiting children
  • Lets boys "help" him
  • Provides emotional support and parenting back-up
  • Hugs and kisses us
  • Loves us
We are so thankful to have our husband and daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...