Monday, December 22, 2014

Cozy Day

Feels like I haven't seen the sun in months.  In truth, it's been more like a couple of weeks.  A couple of weeks of cold, gray days.  And today is no exception.  Today is gray, and cold, and drizzly.  On days like today, all I want to do is cuddle up nice and cozy on my couch.






That is, if I could.






But alas, I have places to go, things to do, people to feed.






But if...






...if today was a lazy, snuggly, cozy day, I would need...






My fuzzy pants.  You remember about my fuzzy pants, yes?  How I would live in them if I could?  My fuzzy pants are absolutely essential to my cozy day.  And now?  I have polar bear fuzzy pants!  They match my boys' fuzzy pants!








Next, I would need a nice snuggly blanket.  Maybe something like this?  Soft and cozy and warm, but lightweight.  Ah....yes.


Striped Cashmere Throw
{Source}
And yes, matching my fuzzy pants is a consideration.


I'm going to need something to do on my cozy day.  A book to read, or a fun movie to watch.  Lately I've been gobbling up anything and everything I can get my hands on by Mary Kay Andrews.  Right now I'm reading this one.




Just perfect for snuggling in.  Bonus--it's set in Savannah, Georgia in the summer, so I can feel warm vicariously.




And, of course, I'll need sustenance on my cozy day.  Something warm and hearty in the crock pot, like Taco Bean Soup or Lasagna Soup or even what I'm making today, Sunday Night Stew.




Sunday Night Stew
{From The Pioneer Woman}



And hot chocolate.  That's a must.







{Source}

With Redi-Whip and shaved chocolate on top.  Mmmmm.


What else?  My comfy couch, a warm house, and a fire in the fire place.  Heaven.


On second thought, maybe those places to go and things to do can wait... If you need me, I'll be snuggled in, cozy and warm.


Your turn: What are your cozy day essentials?












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...