Monday, November 23, 2015

Menu plan for the week of Happy Thanksgiving

Hello, my friends, and welcome to Thanksgiving week.  This is the week we celebrate a national day of thanks here in the U.S.

What are your Thanksgiving traditions?  What's your favorite Thanksgiving food?

When I asked my family if there was any food in particular they would like for Thanksgiving, my middlest child said he wanted asparagus and brussels sprouts.  I think he would be happy to skip the turkey and all of the other traditional fare in lieu of cruciferous veggies.  I am happy to indulge that boy's wants, in this case.

It strikes me as slightly ridiculous that we celebrate how thankful we are for all we have by stuffing ourselves as full as we possibly can with as much food as we possibly can, instead of sharing our bounty with others who don't have as much as we do.

Anyway, I am thankful for you.  And for food, because food is yummy.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:


Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...