Monday, November 30, 2015

Menu plan for the week of November 30

We had turkey last week.  You?  I don't really care for turkey, and in fact, I didn't eat any of this year's Thanksgiving turkey.  What I do like about turkey is I can use the carcass to make stock.  With no sodium.  Which I then use year-round for soups and other stock or broth containing yummies.  I love using things most would consider garbage to make something useful.

This year I made and canned 2 5/8 gallons of stock.  I think that's about a 2 year supply, considering how my family claims to feel about soup.

I'll be using the first quart of this batch on Monday for chicken noodle soup, because one of my soup-hating children recently declared that he likes chicken noodle soup.  If that's true (and I have my doubts), that means that at least 4/5 of the family will eat the soup.  Which is a passing grade.  Which means we might have a less than 2 year supply of turkey stock.  I'll keep you posted.

What's on your menu this week?

Here's ours:

Supper:

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
Courtesy of YummyMummyClub

Other:
Cinnamon Swirl Bread.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...