Monday, August 20, 2018

Menu plan for the week of August 20

Hi friends.  Can you believe how fast August has flown by?  Like, we only have two more weeks of our rotating two week menu plan.  Which I have really appreciated having.  I'm definitely considering adapting and extending it.  It's funny, though.  There are meals on the rotation that we haven't had yet, for various reasons. 

In case you missed it, Koko started laying :)  But y'all.  I've been buying eggs the past few weeks.  Hmph.  Those chickens are supposed to be keeping us in eggs.  Here's what happened, though.  MC started football.  And he eats 3 eggs every morning for breakfast.  Bubby became obsessed with waffles, which he makes just about every day.  Waffles require one egg.  I have continued to eat an egg just about every morning for breakfast (one egg omelet with bacon, cheese, and guacamole.  So yummy).  That's 5 eggs a day, not even counting Hubby, who often eats 3 eggs at a time, or AKD, or has eaten 8 eggs in one sitting, or my favorite quiche, which uses eggs in multiples of 6.  I just did the math, and so far we've been getting an average of 3.8 eggs a day.  Not enough.  So, I'm buying eggs for now.

I suspect that in about three weeks we will have a glut of eggs again.  But maybe not, since we're losing light.  I'll let you know.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...