Monday, July 23, 2018

Rotating menu plan for the rest of July and August

Hey, y'all.  As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I worked up a two week rotating supper schedule for our family, after taking inventory of our freezer.  I'll be shopping in bulk and doing some batch cooking to make weekly grocery shopping and daily meal prep a little easier.  Here's what's on the menu:

Week one:

Week two:
  • Meat sauce with angel hair pasta
  • Tacos
  • Grilled chicken
  • BLTs
  • Hamburgers
  • Grilled pork chops

You'll notice there are only 6 meals listed per week.  That's to leave room for taking advantage of sale prices, using up leftovers, or for trying a new recipe that strikes my fancy.  If nothing strikes my fancy and we don't have leftovers, I'm planning on filling in with sheet pan meals--they're so easy to prep and serve.

I'm hoping this rotating schedule will free up head-space as we prepare for back to school, including taking our firstborn off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...