Monday, March 9, 2020

Menu plan for the week of March 9

Friends, thank you so much for your menu suggestions last week.  We liked everything, and I think we might have found a couple of new favorite recipes to add to our rotation.  I won't do it every week, but I think I might have you all plan our menu for us more often.

As I type, I'm boiling down the box elder sap--the windows are open, and it smells maple-y.  It lifts my spirits.  I'm 8 gallons in, with another to go, and the weather is warm enough that this might be the end of the sap run.  That's totally ok.  If we get a quart of syrup, that's plenty for us.

Speaking of plenty for us, I have toilet paper in my Sam's Club pick-up-in-store cart, and over the past week, I've been watching it go out of stock and then back in, briefly, before going out of stock again.  This is happening, of course, because people are stocking up in case they need to quarantine themselves.  I can definitely understand the desire to not run out of toilet paper.  I mean, I don't ever want to run out of toilet paper, myself.  I know there are alternatives, but I'm not fond of them.  At all.  But I don't understand needing to buy out the store shelves.

Hubby and I were talking about it, briefly, and he said he didn't think toilet paper was essential.  Yes, he actually said that.  Probably because, number 1 (no pun intended), he's a boy, and number 2 (definitely no pun intended) he would not have to deal with the aftermath of the people in this household using non-toilet paper for toilet paper purposes (for example, cleaning washcloths, or unclogging toilets if people decided to flush items that are not supposed to be flushed).

Anyway, we're fine for toilet paper right now.  We've got some under each of our bathroom sinks, and some in storage.  But we're definitely down to the point where I want to replenish our supply, and normally would replenish our supply, and I can't.  Because everyone* else is going crazy.

And on that cheery and totally appropriate note, here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:




*OK, not everyone, but enough to impact TP supply.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...