Thursday, June 11, 2020

Taco pasta salad: a recipe

I've been making batch lunches for my two oldest boys, since everyone's home, and leftovers don't last very long around here.  And they're hungry!  Everyone insists on eating every 5 hours or so.  A couple of weeks ago, I made taco pasta salad, and they liked it.  This salad can be served warm or cold, and it's a fun salad to bring on a picnic.  Here's the recipe.


Taco Pasta Salad
(adapted from here)

1 lb pasta (I used rotini, but use what you like)
1/3 c. olive oil
3 T. lime juice
1/2 t. ground cumin
1 lb meat, taco seasoned (I used ground beef, but feel free to use what you like)
1 (15-oz.) can corn, drained
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
1 c. diced bell peppers (I used yellow and red)
1 c. sliced black olives
2 c. shredded or cubed cheese (optional--I used sharp cheddar)
4 green onions, thinly sliced and/or 1/2 medium red onion, diced


  1. Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions.  Cool if you're serving this salad cold.  Place pasta in a large serving bowl.
  2. Whisk together 1/3 c. olive oil, 3 T lime juice, and 1/2 t. ground cumin.  Pour over the pasta and toss to coat.  Alternately, use about 1/2 c. of your favorite prepared salad dressing.
  3. Add remaining ingredients to the pasta and gently stir (I left out the cheese since one of the people who were going to eat this don't like cheese.  The other person just added some to his portions)
The Taco Pasta Salad will keep for about a week in the fridge.  Individual portions can be heated up if desired.

Let me know what you think if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...