Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Menu plan for the week of June 1

I'm a day late on the menu plan, friends, because, well, you know why.  If not, go ahead and click "previous post" down there at the bottom of the page.  I'll wait.

School ended, without a lot of fanfare.  I did make an ice cream dessert to mark the occasion, but even with a special dessert, the school year just sort of fizzled out into nothing.  I've never really enjoyed the end of the school year celebrations because I don't like being around a lot of people, and also, I don't like being hot, but this way, with no fanfare, just seemed a little not-right.

And now what do we do, right?  I mean, most of the attractions that the kids and I would normally visit during the summer are closed right now.  State parks, which we enjoy, are open, but super crowded.  I feel like the summer is going to proceed in the same way that the end of the school year did.  Day will blur into day, and the summer will eventually fizzle to an end.

And now, please join me in praying that in-person school can happen in some sort of way in the fall.  I mean, yes, it would be nice for these people who are here all the time to leave sometimes so they're not constantly a part of my mental load, but even more than that, I just can't even imagine how difficult it would be for a teacher to teach students online that they've never met in person.  Or for students to learn from a teacher they've never met.  It would be so very strange.

I know that this pandemic is not going away anytime soon, but I am fervently hoping for enough of a reprieve to at least get the school year underway in person.

Anyway, here's this week's menu plan.

Supper:


Other:
I don't know.  Probably something for lunch.  Maybe some cookies or muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...