Although honestly, this year, the end of summer might just mean cooler weather, rather than the usual kids heading back to school. I definitely do not envy our school district's decision makers right now (or ever, really). No matter what they decide, there will be a significant portion of stakeholders not happy about it, and there will definitely be Monday morning quarterbacking on this decision.
Anyway, here's what we're eating this week.
- Shepherd's pie, rolls, applesauce
- Nachos, guacamole, taco toppings
- Lemon butter steak and broccoli (probably with additional broccoli on the side)
- Kielbasa and cauliflower stir fry/Kielbasa and potatoes, mixed veggies
- Grilled pork chops, grilled Brussels sprouts, garlic toast
- Grilled bone-in chicken breast (if I can find any--I haven't actually seen any in stores in at least 6 months, maybe longer), corn on the cob, watermelon
- Hamburgers, buns, chips, carrots
- Italian cauliflower salad
- Italian pasta salad
- Biscuits and gravy (I'm hoping this stores and reheats well--I'm getting a little weary of my usual meal prep egg bake)