Monday, April 10, 2023

Meal plan for the week of April 10

 Kind of a strange thing is happening with my menu planning.  I used to be super annoyed when the meal plan had to change for some reason, like a meeting I hadn't known about, which meant more of the peoples weren't going to be around for supper, or a practice being canceled, which meant more of the peoples were going to be around for supper.  I found this to be especially true when I planned more than one week at once.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it was just because, if I was planning more than a week in advance, it was so much more likely that unanticipated events would occur at some point in the execution of that plan.

This time, though?  It doesn't bother me so much.  At the beginning of the week, I take a look at the calendar, and I take a look at the meal plan, and I move meals around if they're not going to work for the day they're planned.  And there's been a lot of meals not working on the day for which they were planned because track and field is a strange sport*.  And also, life.

This week, for instance, we're not going to be able to eat supper together on Tuesday, so the fend for self originally scheduled for Wednesday shifted to Tuesday.  Monday's meal moved to Wednesday, because we'll be celebrating a birthday on Monday with the birthday boy's choice of going out to eat.  Tuesday's meal was moved to Friday because I already did some meal prep for that Tuesday meal.  Friday's meal was taken off the schedule because it's something (pizza) we have every week, and I felt like no one would miss it this week.

And it's all fine!  It's ok!  I'm feeling sanguine** about it, instead of annoyed.  Yay!

And yay for food!  Here's what's on the menu this week:


Supper:



* More on this in a future blog post.

** cheerfully optimistic, sometimes to the point of seeming complacent, oblivious, or naïve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...