Monday, April 24, 2023

Menu plan for the week of April 24

This is the last week in this particular four week menu rotation, so there's hardly anything for me to actually cook this week.  It's so gratifying to reap the rewards of past Scarlet's labor.  I could get used to this.

As far as saving so.much.money, I've noticed that the first grocery shop of a four week rotation is about 1/3 more than my typical weekly shop, and each of the three subsequent weeks is around 2/3 of what I would spend in a typical week, so that means that I'm possibly saving a little bit by shopping this way.  Maybe?  

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:
  • French dip sandwiches (I made extra and froze the excess.  There's enough left that I bet I'll get a couple of lunches out of it, too), provolone, buns, green beans
  • Tator tot casserole (from the freezer, yay!), applesauce, bread with butter
  • Fend for yourself (always a favorite)
  • Sheet pan chicken quesadillas (the filling's in the freezer, along with the shredded cheese), carrots
  • Pizza, salad
  • Hot dogs or brats, buns, corn, tator tots or fries
  • Grilled chicken (already marinaded in the freezer), broccoli, salad

Other:
  • Cookies.  Maybe these or these, because some clearance Reese's peanut butter eggs jumped into my basket the other day, and now they're hanging out in the baking cupboard, leering at me.
  • Beef & broccoli casserole--I've been lacking in lunch options the past couple of weeks, and I happen to have leftover broccoli, and most of the other ingredients (I might even have some celery in the freezer, but if not, there's always celery salt)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...