Friday, August 21, 2015

marvelous & magnificent 1st Day of School Treat

I'm happy to report that I'm way ahead of myself this school year, at least in one area: the first day of school treat.  That's right, folks.  I already know what the first day of school treat will be, and I've already made half of it.  This is something that doesn't usually happen until...oh...about 2 hours before the first kids come home on the first day of school.

Aren't you just insanely proud of me?

Yeah.  Didn't think so.  Whatever.  Thought I'd share, just in case you're not as on top of things as me (see that?  That's my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.  Anyway...).

I was inspired by this, found in an image search. I borrowed it, added some text, et voila!  A cute little tag to attach to a bag or box of m&ms candies.  Adorable, right?


I'm actually giving this one to Bubby's teacher.  He's kind of a health nut, so I don't know if he'll appreciate m&ms, but eh...I'm going with it's-the-thought-that-counts on this one.  And maybe, if he doesn't want them, he'll give them to one of my favorite Mrs. Ws...

For the kids, I decided to go a step further.  You know I'm planning on making these cookies once the freezer empties out a bit, so for the boys, I made these:

 to attach to m&m cookies.  It's not too much is it?  Over the top?  Mixing metaphors or puns or something?  Is it presumptuous to say they're smart cookies already on the first day?

Thank goodness I still have a little over a week to ruminate and ponder and contemplate and fixate on this question (there goes my tongue in my cheek again).

Do you  have any first day of school traditions?  Please share in the comments.

***********

For more back to school treat ideas, check out Back to School Sweet Treats, Back to School Apple Treats, and A Few Punny Back to School Treats.

For a fun and super easy non-food back to school teacher gift, check out Meet the reMARK(ER)able Teacher (easy teacher gift) and Another punny teacher gift.

These 2 secret ingredients make for the BEST EVER bakery-style cookies!
Secret ingredient bakery style cookies 
from Chelsea's Messy Apron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...