Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday's Tip: Cutting Brownies (and Winner!)

Today's tip comes to you courtesy of Chip, in honor of the Accidental Dessert contest, which ended yesterday.  Thanks, Chip!

You know how when you try to cut a pan of brownies, you end up getting that brownie build-up on your knife?  It's actually kind of nice, because then you get to eat the brownie stuff that's on the knife, but your brownies end up with raggedy edges.  Not so nice if you wanted to take them somewhere to share them (not that that happens very often around here). 

Well, I've heard you can prevent that by putting your brownies in the freezer for about 20 minutes before cutting them.  I don't know if that actually works, because I don't have room for a 9 x 13 pan in my freezer.  Besides, I'd be afraid I'd forget they're in there, and I'm sure it's much more difficult to cut frozen brownies.

Anyway, Chip told me that you can prevent the brownie cutting conundrum by using a plastic knife to cut the brownies.  That's right--just a little disposable plastic knife, that we all have 20 million of lying around because we bought the plastic utensil set with 8 each of spoons, forks, and knives, and no one ever uses the knives.

So I tried it, and she's right.  It works.  You should try it, too.  No more raggedy brownies for us!

And the winner is...

...going to be announced on Thursday, along with some of my favorite entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...