Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful, continued

A couple of weeks ago, I introduced our "Thankful Tree."  Here's what it looked like then:

 After a couple of weeks of not-every-day-because-life-with-three-boys-is-busy thankfulness, here's what it looks like today:

It's filling out nicely, don't you think?  I love how some of us draw pictures of what we're thankful for on our leaves.  Oh, and do you like the owl?

I have to be honest, though, the family seems to be running out of enthusiasm, and ideas, for this project.  Who would have thought it would be this difficult to come up with one different thing to be thankful for each day?  Well, it's actually 5 different things to be thankful for each day, since everyone tries to come up with a unique idea...so I guess it's a little more difficult than I thought.

So the other night after supper, before I got out the paper leaves and crayons, I read my favorite Thanksgiving book, Thanks for Thanksgiving, by Julie Markes, to the boys to hopefully give us some inspiration.


It worked!  Thanks for Thanksgiving reminded us that there are so many things to be thankful for every day, both big and small.

What are you thankful for today, friends?

2 comments:

  1. Very cute & that is a new book to me. I wanted to invite you to link up at TGIF - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    BETH =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for an atmosphere that is breathable, a planet that more or less keeps a temperature that is livable, and years and years of social advancement that allows me to be comfy on the couch and not have to worry from day to day about basic needs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...