Monday, January 23, 2012

Craft of the Month--January

Some time ago, I reported about a trip I took to the craft store looking for gifts for my nephews.  Didn't buy a darn thing, but I did leave the store with the most inspired idea I've had in a long time.  See, my sis had mentioned her boys might like craft kits for Christmas (Chip claims she's craftitudinally challenged and therefore needs kits in order to do crafts), so I was looking for craft kits, but everything I saw, I thought, well I could put that together for less than that.  Or, if I was going to make that thing, I would use this other material.  I just couldn't bring myself to buy any of them.

And that's when Camp Scarlet's Craft of the Month club was conceived.  Each month, the boys receive supplies and instructions for one or more seasonal crafts.

So much fun!  Don't you think that's a great idea?  The boys like to do crafts, their mom thinks she can't come up with crafts for them to do.  Plus?  It's the gift that keeps giving--every month, in fact (not sure if I can keep this up for a whole year, but we'll see).



So in January, the boys get to make 2x4 penguins,

relief snowflakes,

and glitter decorated paper snowflakes

If you'd like to craft along with the club, just look for my monthly posts (I promise next month it'll be up earlier so you've got some time to track down your supplies).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...