Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Another chance to not take over

OK y'all, so remember how I told you the other day that I was ashamed at how I had taken over AKD's cooking project for his Spanish class?  And how I hoped to do better next time?  Well, next time came sooner than I had anticipated.  AKD made the Polvorones de Canele on Monday, and on Thursday he decided he wanted to make egg-less cookie dough.  Egg-less so it can be eaten raw without fear of contracting salmonella from contaminated eggs.

My friends, you would be so proud of me.  I didn't take over, not even once.  Even when he spilled flour all over.  And then spilled brown sugar all over.  And then spilled milk.  It was a very spilly day for him, apparently.  I told him I was available to help, and then I just sat and read off the ingredients to him, because that's how he wanted me to help.

Enjoying raw cookie dough--not sure why my husband looks so angry about it.

Shew!  All is well with the world again.

The recipe--it really did taste just like cookie dough (not that I have ever eaten raw cookie dough or anything).  I would encourage AKD to use a little less brown sugar next time:

Cookie Dough without Eggs (from WikiHow)

  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt (not needed if you're using salted butter)
  • 3/4 cup of melted butter (if you don't have butter, you can also use margarine)
  • 1 cup of packed brown sugar (if you don't have brown sugar, then just use a cup of white sugar and a tablespoon of molasses, maple syrup, or honey.
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (or any other flavor you want)
  • 4 tablespoon milk (this is substituted for eggs)
  • *OPTIONAL* Any amount of preferred mix-ins. (chocolate chips, nuts, fruits, or anything!)

  • Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. That's it!  Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...