Monday, January 19, 2015

Menu plan for the week of January 19

My crock pot fell victim to inertia last week. You know, an object in motion tends to stay in motion? Yup. Still true.

This means we will not be making cool ranch crock pot chicken this week, but I left it on the menu because I hope to do the same thing in another way. I also will not be making yogurt in my crock pot this week. Don't worry, though. I do have a recipe involving hot water and a cooler that I can use if I get desperate for creamy yogurt goodness.

I wanted to mention that we loved the Zuppa Toscana last week.  It was on Olive Garden copycat recipe and it did not disappoint.  I did not use the crock pot because, you know, inertia, but it cooked beautifully on the stovetop. I substituted spinach for the kale because I already had it on hand, and used turkey Italian sausage for the same reason.  Perfect cozy meal. FYI, you can substitute evaporated milk for the heavy cream and turkey bacon for the bacon if you'd prefer the soup to be lower in fat.

Oh, and if you have any recommendations for my next crock pot, let me know.

Here's what's on the menu this week.

Supper:
--Cool ranch crock pot chicken, homemade whole wheat tortillas (from this book), taco toppings
--Angel hair or zucchini noodles with meat sauce, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
--French toast (made with cinnamon swirl bread), sausage patties, eggs, mixed berries
--Baked bone-in chicken breast, baked potatoes, salad, Parmesan crusted zucchini
--Pizza or chicken pizza, salad
--Hot dogs and brats, buns, green stuff, grilled broccoli
--Chicken skewers, garlic bread, salad, corn

Next Monday supper:
--Hamburgers, buns, mixed greens, grilled potato planks, green beans

Other:
--Chocolate syrup
--Whole wheat tortillas
--Green stuff
--Chex mix
--Molten lava cakes
--White chocolate peppermint cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...