Monday, April 13, 2015

Menu plan for the week of April 13

Tomorrow, we will be getting fiber optic internet.  At least that's what they tell us.  We find it a little hard to believe that Tuesday is actually the day.  I honestly won't believe it until I see it.

It's been a long process.  We've been waiting for a long time, since Mr. Obama took office.  Because, you know, he promised that he would get us high speed internet.  Yes, us specifically.  More recently, we've been waiting for almost a year, since the cable people told us they were coming to our area.  The cable's been in the ground from the road to our house since August.  August, people.  When that happened, we thought we were a week away.  We were wrong.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I was sitting on my bed, reading something, when I heard what sounded like a person on our roof.  Has that ever happened to you?  All of a sudden there's a random stranger on your roof?  Yeah.  Freaked me out, even though he wasn't really on the roof.

Last week, I was hopping into the shower, when I saw a man walk past the bathroom window.  Honestly, it would have been nice to get a little warning.  Like ring the doorbell, maybe?  Of course, since I was about to jump in the shower, I wouldn't have answered, but at least I would have known there was someone besides the squirrels and deer and me on the property.  Unless the deer have figured out how to ring the doorbell?

So yeah.  Supposedly, the hook-up to the inside of the house will happen on Tuesday.  And then there will probably be more hoops to jump through because after all this waiting, it can't really be that easy.  The wait can't really be over, without more pomp and circumstance.

For months, we have been saying, "when we get internet..."  It can't just be ... over.

I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, we will eat.  Here's what's on the menu this week.

Supper:

--Beef stroganoff, grean beans, corn, pear sauce
--Chicken bundles, salad, carrots
--Nachos, guacamole
--Pizza stuffed pasta shells, salad, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
--Herbed chicken with wild rice, green beans
--Peppered steak with portobello mushrooms, grilled broccoli or asparagus, garlic toast
--Baked bone-in chicken breasts, baked potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots

Supper next Monday:

--Cub Scout dinner, for which I will make Italian bowtie pasta bake, chicken taco casserole, chocolate chip cookies, or cupcakes.

Other:

--Got any suggestions for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...