Monday, April 27, 2015

Menu plan for the week of April 27

Soccer has started up for our middlest kiddo.  As I was planning meals for this week, I realized we're going to have to start getting creative with our meal times and methods again: eating in shifts, portable meals, having meals ready when we're ready for them without a lot of prep time.  It's all good.  I'm remaining calm.  That is, until next week, when sports start up for the other two (soccer for one, mountain biking for the other).

In the meantime, here's what's on the menu this week:

chicken-fajita-quesadillas-4
{Chicken Fajita Quesadillas, courtesy of Jo Cooks}
Supper:
  • Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken *(yes, this is a carry-over from last week), brown rice, mixed veggies
  • Crock Pot Lasagna Soup, salad
  • Chicken fajita quesadillas ** (not sure how I'm going to hold these together for my cheese-haters, so theirs might be just plain fajitas instead of quesadillas), raw veggies
  • Wild rice/beef burgers (haven't decided yet if I want to make these separately, or mix them--I'm thinking mix, because I will only have 1 pound of ground beef to devote to this meal (more coming next week, courtesy of Zaycon Fresh).  Given the choice, everyone would choose beef over wild rice, and 1 pound of beef is not enough for 2 adults, 1 teenage boy, 1 tween boy, and 1 boy), buns or greens, caramel apple salad, corn
  • Grilled French bread pizza or chicken pizza (also a carry-over from last week.  I took Sawblock on a date, and the kids decided to have nachos instead), salad
  • Grilled marinated pork chops, grilled green veggie, grilled potato planks
  • Grilled bone-in chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, grilled green veggie
Next Monday Supper:

Snacks, breakfast, other:

{Better than store bought chewy granola bars in any flavor,
courtesy of My Humble Kitchen}
What are you eating this week?

* Easily eaten in shifts
** Portable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...