Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Non-menu plan for the week of May 4

Well, y'all, it's starting to get busier.  Our spring sports have started up, and we're already getting the notices for end of the school year festivities.  That, coupled with some unplanned excitement over the weekend, has derailed my schedule, and I decided to go with a non-menu plan for this week.

I pick up our ground beef (from Zaycon Fresh*--check it out.  Very reasonable prices on high quality meats, for instance, boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.69/lb and 93/7 ground beef for $4.49/lb) on Saturday, so this week, I'll be using up as much of the freezer contents as I can to make room.

Zaycon Fresh

Said freezer contents, which may or may not make their way to our table this week, include chicken casserole with mashed potato topping, hot dogs and brats, taco seasoned beef/turkey, and bone-in chicken breasts.

I'm also hoping to make some kind of cookies, mini chocolate chip muffins, and chocolate frozen yogurt this week.  Yes, I know that I'm trying to make room in the freezer, and frozen yogurt will take up space in the freezer.  I just feel the need to make frozen yogurt, regardless of the consequences in the freezer-space arena.  Since my schedule has been derailed, it might not happen anyway.

My friends, it is possible that this is the beginning of sporadic summer menu-plan posts.  I was hoping to be consistent until much closer to the end of school, but this might be it.  Consider this fair warning.

What's on your menu this week?

*Referral link.  If you sign up through this link, and then order something, I will get a small credit to use on my next order, at no extra charge to you.  Thanks for supporting this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...