Monday, May 18, 2015

Menu plan for the week of May 18

I was going to say that it's getting to be the time of year where I start thinking about making meals that do not require heating up the oven.  But the weather has been so sporadic that it's hard to say one day to the next whether or not I'm going to want to have that extra heat in my kitchen.  Luckily, pretty much anything that cooks in the oven can be made on the grill or in a slow cooker (love mine!), so even though I'm planning some oven meals this week, they can be easily adapted to not heat up my house.

You'll notice I'm planning to make donuts this week.  That's because the 1st Friday in June is national donut day.  (OK, why does my spell-check think "donuts" is OK, but not "donut"?  Personally, I think doughnut is how it should be spelled, but popular American usage dictates that donut be used...) 

{Source}

You may have noticed that the 1st Friday in June does not occur during the week of May 18.

If you don't believe me, take a look at a calendar.  I'll wait.  Back?  OK.

So, considering that the 1st Friday in June is not this week, you may be wondering why I'm making donuts now (if you are not wondering why I am making donuts this week, you are my people).

The reason I'm making donuts this week is that the 1st Friday in June also happens to be the last day of school for my kiddos this year.  That week is going to be crazy busy, so I'm putting it on the schedule this week in the hope that I'll get to it in the next two weeks.  If you also want to make donuts for national donut day, but are feeling intimidated, try this super easy recipe.

We've got activities this week, sometimes needing to be in more than one place at once, but thankfully, they're all later in the evening, so I can cook like a normal person (if there is such a thing) this week.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:



Other:


What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...