Monday, June 20, 2016

A new method.

No menu today.  Because it's summer.  Finally.  Hooray for summer (sort of.  Remember, I'm free to complain about summer as much as I want).

But I did want to share something with y'all today.


It's a mountain of laundry.  Aren't you glad I shared?

After spending a week in the mountains of Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks, this is a pile of about 4/7 of the laundry.

At least it's clean.

And actually, it's also gone.  Well, sort of.

Sort of?  Hehehe.


With four baskets of clean laundry to sort, fold, and put away (and more on the way), I was feeling a little overwhelmed.  So I just dumped it out on our freshly vacuumed living room floor, set up five laundry baskets in a semicircle around the mountain, and set the kids to work sorting.  They just picked up an item, decided whom it belonged to (no easy feat considering that three of these men are similar in size, but I'm pretty sure most of the items were correctly categorized), and threw it toward that person's basket.  Most of the things even made it in to a basket.

It was so much fun that my kiddos kept at it until the pile was gone.  No worries.  As I said, there's more on the way.  Today, and all summer long.

Makes me wonder if I've been doing laundry wrong all these years...

P.S.  We're having grilled chicken skewers for supper tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...