Friday, June 24, 2016

Jars

The Bullseye store has an amazing deal on canning jars this week.  This is noteworthy because canning jars rarely go on sale.  The deal is, buy three canning jar sets, get a $5 gift card.  And since prices start at $4.39 for a four-pack of wide-mouth half-pints, I could get a dozen for $8.17--only $0.68 each (my favorite thrift store prices canning jars at $0.99 each)!
{Source}
And these things are adorable.  I am such a sucker for canning jars anyway, but when they are as cute and sweet as these?  I'm having a hard time restraining myself.  

And why, you might ask, should I restrain myself?  I mean, why not buy the adorable canning jars, if they would make me happy, especially at such a great price?

First of all, they would not make me happy.  Oh, they would make me happy for a short time, and I suspect I would experience a little jolt of happiness each time I saw one (I do when I see my cute little 4 ounce jar), but things don't have that power.  They really don't.  Things don't make people happy, regardless of how diligently we try.

Second, I don't need any more canning jars.  I have dozens of them already.  Dozens of dozens, actually.  Sure, most of mine aren't cute, but really, how many canning jars does one need?  I'm willing to bet that I know people who don't have any canning jars.  Not one.  And they seem to be doing just fine, despite their lack.

I tried to justify a purchase by telling myself these would make special and cute gift jars, but when it comes right down to it, I don't think I would be able to bring myself to part with any of them, so that excuse doesn't wash.


{Source}
I've come to the conclusion that my only recourse is to stay out of the Bullseye store until the sale is over.  Almost always a prudent course of action to stay out of the Bullseye store.  But of course, they're also available (with the gift card for buying three) online.

Stand strong, Scarlet!  One more day.  You can do this.

And now, for your viewing pleasure...



(If you read my blog via email, you'll probably have to visit my blog to view the video--click here to do that).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...