Monday, December 18, 2017

Menu plan for the week of December 18

Y'all.  I am so sick.  Although I forced myself to get up and make supper last night, and it had turmeric in it, so I'm sure I'll be feeling better any time now... Maybe.

The turmeric-containing dish was the Moroccan chicken couscous from last week's menu.  I had half a box of couscous that I wanted to use up, and I remember the dish that I used to make using couscous being called Moroccan chicken and vegetables with couscous.  That Moroccan chicken had eggplant in it, and it had some kind of tomato in it (diced, sauce, paste...can't remember.  Our friend Amy gave us the recipe probably 20 years ago.  I couldn't find that recipe, but this one was really good.  So good, in fact, that everyone ate it.  I also have some barley I want to use up--got any ideas for me?

I ended up making sugar cookies last week in addition to the Santa's snickers surprises that I told you about.  This week, I am purchasing supplies to make little cookies, but it's up to Hubby to decide whether those actually get made.  I think I might also make buckeyes, since the auxiliary refrigeration unit is up and running.  Well, and because buckeyes are yummy.  I'll let you know which treats actually come into being. 

Here's what's on the menu this week:
Supper:

Other/Prep for guests:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...