Monday, January 8, 2018

Non-menu plan for the week of January 8

I had to do a double-take as I was typing that title.  January 8?  Um, how did that happen?  Wasn't it just new year's eve yesterday?  I feel like I'm so behind on this whole new year thing.  Like, wasn't I supposed to make goals?  Wasn't I supposed to set up new and better systems for all the things?  Wasn't I supposed to feel more ready?

Anyway.

Hi.  Did you miss me?  It's all right if you didn't even notice I was gone.  I mean, these past couple of weeks have been kind of a blur, right?  Why would you notice?

We had visitors the last few days of winter break, and it was just so lovely to have them.  Low-key and loud, relaxing and renewing.

I've decided I'm done cooking for a bit, partly due to having to plan and cook for our recent guests, and partly due to having to plan and cook for my family every. single. day.  So it's processed and convenience foods for us this week.   Maybe next week, too.  Hooray for us!

I have it in mind that I want to make granola and yogurt this week, so I'll obtain the ingredients, and maybe I will make them, or maybe I won't.

Oh!  I promised I'd tell you what additional treats I made.  I made no bake chocolate peanut butter bars (actually, these were made several times) and snickerdoodles.  And I got Buckwheat's cookies out to her last week.  I'm still on the look-out for clearance mini snickers to finish up that dough.  I suspect I shall be waiting a while.  I suspect I shall be waiting a while for the little cookies as well.  Maybe Hubby has finally realized that they're not really worth the effort required.  Or maybe he's hoping I'll crack and make them myself.  Nope.  Not gonna happen.

In the meantime, what's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...