Friday, January 12, 2018

Progress on (2017) goals: Year-end Trader Joe's Purchases

So here it is, 2018, and I'm sure you're wondering how my 2017 goals turned out.

Well, in October, I tried Trader Joes Cocoa Glazed Roasted Almonds.


You may recall that I had planned to make my own cocoa roasted almonds, but I never got around to it.  So when I saw these at TJs, I decided to give them a try.  I really liked them.  They were chocolaty, but not too sweet.  Now that I have tried the TJs version, I'm thinking I'm more likely to make them myself.

In November, I finally tried TJs famous cookie butter.

It's a "deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread and made with crushed biscuits."  I thought it was pretty good, although I doubt I will be buying any more of it.  It did taste gingerbreadish--spicy and sweet.  It's best consumed in small quantities, and I bet it would taste really good with chocolate, a la Reese's peanut butter cups.

In December, I bought Trader Joe's Chocolate Coconut Almonds.


These were really delicious.  They consisted of an almond, enrobed in a layer of coconut infused white chocolate, and the whole thing was dipped in dark chocolate.  It tasted like an almond joy bar, with a more favorable almond to coconut to chocolate ratio.

For better or for worse, I found these at Aldi the other day:


They taste about the same (that is to say, they are really yummy), and cost a little bit less per ounce.  The danger is that I go to Aldi every week, versus once a month (and less now that I don't have this goal anymore) for Trader Joe's. Uffda.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know the TJs goal is complete.  Stay tuned for my 2018 goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...