A note on a couple of the menu items.
We're having Italian sausage k-bobs this week, based on my very favorite sheet pan meal. Every time we have this dish, AKD suggests that we should make it in k-bob form. The other kiddos will probably have hot dogs, because they don't like Italian sausage all that much, and we only have a few Italian sausage links.
I'm also making AFB granola bars this week. I revived my starter a couple of weeks ago, and when baking day came around last week, I didn't feel like making the traditional bread, or actually, any bread at all (I made cookies). The granola bars sounded good but, in my opinion, we didn't have a wide enough variety of mix-ins available at the time. All the rest of the starter went into the freezer for future use, but I kept out a half cup for these.
Here's what's on the menu this week.
- Meatballs, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce
- Pizza casserole, green beans, applesauce
- Rice burgler
- Hamburgers, buns, chips, grilled veggie
- Italian sausage k-bobs (this sheet pan meal, in shish-kabob form), roasted brussels sprouts
- Grilled chicken, salad, grilled asparagus