Monday, January 10, 2022

Menu plan for the week of January 10

 I got a new kitchen appliance, and I've been making a dessert in the new appliance fairly often.  The actual name of the dessert is "Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie," but we call it "Death Cookie."  See, the first time I made "Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie," the top was way too brown for my liking.  So the next time, I reduced the baking time, thinking that would make the top not as brown.

I was right: the cookie top was not as brown, but the cookie was also not fully baked in the center.  Hence the name "Death Cookie." Because everyone knows eating raw eggs can kill you.  And I know that it's actually eating raw flour that can kill you.  Oh, and sugar.  Sugar can kill you, but that one's much slower than the raw eggs or raw flour.

I keep making the Death Cookie, hoping to find the perfect balance between the brownness of the top and the doneness of the cookie, but it just keeps trying to kill us by not being done in the middle.  

I'm not entirely sure how concerned I should be that my people are willing to put their lives on the line again and again to help me find that perfect balance.

Anyway, the latest Death Cookie, baked yesterday, was not cooked through, so I'm sure I'll be making another this week.  And I'll be making other things, too.  But not very many, because, yeah.  The fend for yourself game is strong with us.  Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...