As I mentioned in this post, I've committed, during the season of Lent, to finding 10 things a day, Monday through Friday, to get rid of. Here's how I'm doing so far.
Wednesday I took the accumulated cast-offs, that we had already decided to get rid of, but hadn't yet, to the donation center. Total number of items: lots.
- Three 50 gallon bags of clothes and miscellaneous household items
- Two boxes of boots and shoes
- Hose reel
Thursday I tackled my nightstand. And can I just say? I am shocked I was able to find more than 10 items just in my nightstand. Maybe this goal isn't so far-fetched after all. Total number of items: 12.
- Three books that I've been needing to review for...um...a couple of years.
- Packaging and instructions that I don't need
- Two chapsticks whose flavors I don't like
- A backpack ID tag with outdated information
- A small cylindrical container with a lid (it pains me to get rid of this. It is such a cute container. And I am a sucker for cute containers. But I have no immediate use for it, and I am certain that I will be able to find something suitable should I need such a container in the future)
- Sample package of gummy melatonin
- A package of pencils that I got for free but don't like the way they write
- A Starbucks gift card (yes, I got rid of this--I bought a 3-pack with the intention of giving them away. I had people in mind for two of them, but not this third, so now I finally put this one in the mail to surprise someone special)
Friday I found some books, DVDs and Xbox games we are ready to part with. I'm selling these through the Decluttr app (check it out--if you sign up using my referral code, you'll get an extra $10 when you complete your first order of $10 or more, and I'll receive a nice kick-back, too. Enter referral code: DTRFXCPJLQ during registration). Total number of items: 25
- 9 Books
- 13 DVDs
- 2 Xbox games
- 17 pieces of jewelry
- 2 bouncy balls (why were there two bouncy balls in my jewelry box? I don't know)
- 3 baby teeth (yuck. Why do people save those?)
Tuesday I recycled some old magazines and coupon inserts. Total number of items: 19
Total this week: 77