Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Lenten Practice

Do y'all observe Lent?  Maybe by giving something up, or adding something?  This year Lent is providing the impetus for me to cut out and add some things that affect my physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.  I'm ready for change, and this sacred season is primed for reflection and revision.  

One thing I'm doing, and invite you to join, is this:


One of my friends posted this image, created by Nessa Sprock, on Facebook.  I responded that I wasn't sure about 40 bags, but I could certainly find 10-15 items per day to give up.  My friend reminded me that it could be any size bag, like for instance, a paper lunch sack; I responded with snack-size ziplock :)

To help you out, here's a framework suggested by Nessa--some places to find clutter:


I'm beginning with this:

These are accumulated cast-offs, that we've already decided to get rid of, but haven't taken to the donation center just yet.  It hardly seems fair to start so far ahead, so I'll drop these off today, and begin tomorrow.

Upon further reflection, I'm not entirely confident in my claim that I'll be able to find 10 things a day to get rid of.  I've been decluttering for a long time, and in recent years, there hasn't been much inflow.  But I'm game.  I'll declutter at least 10 things a day, Monday through Friday, during Lent.  How about you?  Join me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...