Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Lenten Practice Update: Week 4

As I mentioned in this post, I've committed, during the season of Lent, to finding 10 things a day, Monday through Friday, to get rid of.  Here's how I'm doing.



On Wednesday and Thursday, I went through our hallway closet.  Total number of items: 25
  • 7 tubes of decorating icing--some of these tubes were clear, and the contents had separated, so I assumed they were all separated.
  • 4 plastic cake decorating tips--I replaced these with metal tips several years ago, but never got rid of these.
  • a bunch of mini-muffin liners that were flat--I rarely use liners in my mini-muffin cups, and these wouldn't have fit anymore anyway.
  • 3 cake/cookie/candy decor items that were looking a bit...not-so-good
  • 5th grade reading workbook--I think everyone is beyond 5th grade level now.
  • tablecloth
  • 2 vacuum tools and a vacuum bag that don't fit our current vacuum.
  • one lonesome glove
  • decorative flag
  • plastic hanger (the kind stores hang their clothing on)
  • 2 free samples--I never wanted these in the first place, but the sample site I requested them through wouldn't allow me to request just the one sample I wanted.  It made me sign up for all three in order to get that one.

On Thursday, I noticed that our dead CFL box was full, so on Friday, I took those to be recycled.  Check with home improvement and hardware stores in your area to see if they accept these.  Total number of items: 17 burned out compact fluorescent lightbulbs.


On Monday, I went through my dresser drawers and found some clothing to get rid of, including 7 pairs of socks.  Total number of items: 12


On Tuesday, I went through the clothes in my closet.  Total number of items: 10
  • 8 Pieces of clothing
  • 2 plastic hangers (the kind stores use to display clothes)


Total this week: 64
Four week total: 296

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...