Well, the kids' spring break started off springy, but it went downhill from there, and now it's below freezing and there's snow on the ground. It's been crazy weather this year, for sure.
Here are some pics from spring break. It was a fun and (sort of) relaxing week.
I finished six half pints of syrup on Thursday, after the cold snap halted sap production. It was really nice to finish those off and have a bit of a break from cooking sap--special thanks to the weather for cooperating. I'm thinking we'll have another sap run starting Wednesday or Thursday, and I'm hoping for around another 20 gallons before we're done.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Zuppa toscana, rolls
- (Pi(e) day) Nachos with taco toppings and guacamole, brownie pecan pie
- Southwest chicken and beans, tortillas, salad
- Roasted corned beef and cabbage, roasted carrots & potatoes
- Calzone, salad, mint chocolate chip cookies
- Pork chops, grilled asparagus, garlic parmesan grilled potato wedges
- Sausage, egg muffins, fresh fruit
- Grandpa R's chicken rice soup, rolls