Monday, December 2, 2013

Welcome to December

Uffda.  My head is spinning.  Our November ended with a house full of guests, which was busy and wonderful and loud and joyful and went by way too fast.  But it was a little disorienting to wake up this morning, after spending several days outside of our normal routines, and launch straight into one of the busiest, craziest week of the year.  My feeling of seasonal confusion was compounded when I realized that our kids' winter break begins in less than 3 weeks.  That means that anything I want to do before Christmas I need to get done in the next 18 days. 

Seriously, how did this happen?

I have so much I want to do between now and then! 

Turtle Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
{Source}

 Since Thanksgiving weekend was just, well, yesterday, the fall décor is still in place.  The Christmas tree is up, and the lights are on, but the ornaments have yet to make their way to the branches.  We are uncertain of the condition of the outside lights, and based on our collective schedule over the next few weeks, they might not go on this year.  All of the other decorations are nestled snug in their boxy resting places and it is iffy that they will make an appearance.  I love all that stuff, I really do, but it'll have to take a back seat to the truly important Christmas preparations.

You know what I'm talking about, right? 

Yes!  The cookies. 

I know!  You've been waiting for this all year, just like me, haven't you?
peppermint bark recipe
{Source}
The list isn't final just yet*, but I will tell you that 3 of my boys said they wanted snickerdoodles and one of them said he wanted little cookies.  I'll let you decide who requested what. 

What this means is that number 1, snickerdoodles are a Christmas cookie (who knew?), and number 2, I get to decide ALL of the other treats!  Which is right and good because I'm the one who's making them.

If you'd like to get an idea what I'm thinking, check out my Christmas Treats pinboard, keeping in mind that I've kept last year's pins and I'm not planning on repeating many of the treats from last year.
{Source}
 
*I seriously must be delusional if I think I'm going to get more than a couple varieties made in the next 18 days.  Or more realistically, in the 5 day period during the next 18 days when I'm not crazy busy with other stuff.  But this is the season of hope, my friends, so hope I will.  It's all I've got...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...