Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Menu plan for the week of September 2

Hey.  It's September, and all our kiddos are back to school today.  I'm hoping (*fingers crossed*) that my brain will calm down a bit now that we've got the daily routine of school.  I mean, it's still gonna be super busy, but hopefully it'll feel less overwhelming.

I actually have meals planned for the entire month already.  I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to buy all of the groceries at once, or whether that would just be too much to handle.  I always worry that I'm missing things when I make my grocery list, so making a grocery list for a month at a time would, I'm sure, quadruple that feeling. 

The way I was able to plan meals for the month was by assigning a type of meal to each day of the week, and also, lots of repeats.  Mondays are fend for yourself or meals that don't get made during the previous week.  Tuesdays are for tacos, of course; Wednesday, I'll be using the slow cooker, and on Thursday it's sandwiches.  Fridays are for pizza, Saturdays are hamburgers or hot dogs and brats, and Sundays we'll be grilling something.  If it works well for us, I might just repeat in October, which will bring us to the end of football season.  And after football season, meals are easier.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

  • Fend for yourself
  • Tacos 
  • Chicken tikka masala (I found a "simmering sauce" at Aldi.  It's gonna simmer in the slow cooker), rice, green beans
  • Turkey bacon ranch wraps, raw veggies
  • Pizza, salad
  • Hamburgers, buns, jello, chips, raw veggies and fruit
  • Grilled chicken with romaine salad, grilled green veggie
Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...