Monday, September 9, 2019

Menu plan for the week of September 9

Hi friends.  One week of school down; 36ish to go.  Like magic, my brain is feeling calmer, even though the craziness of football season continues.  Yay.  I think.  Maybe I shouldn't say that.  Maybe I just jinxed myself.  Ooops.

The pole beans and lemon cucumbers are still coming (I'm planning on getting a garden update to you this week, so stay tuned), so I'm hoping to get some pickles and dilly beans canned this week.  I'm almost out of pint jars, so this will probably be the last of the bean canning for this year, and I don't know if we'll be doing any applesauce (gasp!).  We still have a bunch from last year, and we just don't eat as much applesauce as we used to.  Plus, you know, the jar situation.  So, if anybody wants some apples, let me know.

Speaking of apples, I've got another batch of apple cider vinegar brewing.  I probably should have started it four months ago, but at the time it didn't seem like I would need to.  Ooops.  The trouble with making apple cider vinegar is, it's not instantaneous.  It takes a while.  Like, months.  So you can't just notice, oh, I'm down to my last half cup of vinegar, and make some more before you run out.  Anyway, it looks different this time because I used apple juice and homemade ACV instead of sugar water and apple scraps, and I'm a little afraid. 

Don't worry, though.  I'll get over it.  In the meantime, I bought some ACV.  I didn't know that ACV could taste so different from other ACV, and I definitely didn't know that my homemade ACV tasted so much better.  Is it the apples?  The acidity?  The process?  Don't know.  But I do know that I (and the chickens) think homemade is best.

On to the menu plan.  Which I changed, by the way.  We decided that Thursday was a much better day to fend for ourselves, which means tacos moved to Mondays and sandwiches moved to Tuesday, except when we're having waffles.  Oh, and when Hubby goes on a business trip.  So.  Here it is.

Supper:

  • Tacos
  • BLTs
  • Pizza
  • Fend for yourself
  • Calzone
  • Hot dogs or brats, buns, raw veggies and fruit, jello, chips
  • Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, Brussles sprouts
Other:
  • Dilly beans and dill pickles (different recipes, but they're both going in the canner at the same time, because I don't have enough of either to do a full load)
  • Chocolate chip graham muffins
  • Something else that I'm super excited to make, but can't think of just this minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...