Monday, August 3, 2020

Menu plan for the week of August 3

Did you notice school supplies going on sale the first week of July?  It happens every year, and most years, I'm ready for it.  It seems awfully early, but school does start in early August for some people, so it's actually not all that early.  

But this year was something else.  I was so not in school supply buying mode at the beginning of July.  It hadn't even occurred to me that we would need supplies for this coming school year, because it felt as if this coming school year wasn't going to happen.  At the beginning of July, it felt like nothing normal was ever going to happen.

Now, at the beginning of August, I still kind of can't believe the school year is going to happen.  I mean, I know the school district is making plans to open, but it just seems so impossible and strange.

I did manage to snap out of my stupor long enough to assess our personal school supply situation and order the things we were lacking (except sanitizing wipes.  Do they really expect us to be able to find sanitizing wipes right now?).  Bubby's supplies are sitting in a box all ready for him, and I feel like we probably have enough other stuff for whatever the high school teachers are going to require.

It still feels surreal.

What does not feel surreal is that people around here continue to want to eat.  So I will continue to feed them.

Here's what's on the menu this week.

Supper:

Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...