Monday, September 21, 2015

Menu plan for the week of September 21

Well, I did it.  I canned pumpkin last week.  And, boy do we ever have canned pumpkin over here.  I thought I would get 1 canner load, maybe, out of our 6 small pumpkins. I actually got 2 full canner loads, and truthfully, I probably could have (and should have) had another partial load.  So now?  We will eat pumpkin.

What's your favorite way to eat pumpkin?  It's so good for you, full of vitamin A, fiber, beta-carotene, potassium, and vitamin C, but most people's experience with eating pumpkin is limited to pumpkin pie and various seasonal pumpkin flavored items which may or may not actually contain any real pumpkin.  My fav?  Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  I know.  The sugar tends to negate the pumpkin's benefits, but ... it's still my fav.

My Hubby and oldest boy have been asking for pumpkin pie, so I guess that's what's happening this week.  Here's how AKD eats his:

Proper way to eat pumpkin pie
{Source}
Ha!  That's how I prefer my pumpkin pie, as well.

Here's what else is on the menu this week:

Next week Monday:
  • Beef & potato casserole, green beans, pineapple or peaches

Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...