Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ah-maze-bars

I made these bars.  Cookies.  Am I the only one who feels a little strange leaving the "cookie" part off of the whole "bar cookie" thing?  I actually remember the first time I heard someone refer to bar cookies as just ... bars.  It took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about.  Bars?  What kind of bars?  Like the kind you put on windows?  Prison bars?  Or the kind where you go to order a drink?  Why would we make either of those things for a meal served to homeless folks?  Bars must be a regional thing?  Like how in WV they say "covered dish" instead of potluck.  Or not?

Anyway, I made these bar( cookie)s.  And I knew, just looking at the list of ingredients, that they would be good.  I mean, it's a chocolate chip cookie base with a little bit of peanut butter and a little bit of oatmeal in it.  Just that by itself would be good.  But then you add peanut butter chips and heath bits, in addition to the full 2 cups of chocolate chips.  Very good.  Then you fill them with a gooey caramel sauce.  Amazing.

So I knew they would be good.

But then I tasted them.

And I could not believe just how good they were.  Ah-maze-zing.

And it's not just me.  Every person who tried them said the same thing (and a lot of people tried them, because I had to get them out of my house before they all decided to throw a party in my tummy).  I would tell my unsuspecting victim what was in the bar( cookie)s, and they would say, oooh, that sounds good, and then they would taste them, and their face would lift and eyes would widen and they would stare at me and say, these.  are.  amazing.  And I would say, I know!  I am amazed at how amazing these taste.

Try these at your own risk, my friends, because these things are dangerous.

Peanut Butter Caramel Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars | MomOnTimeout.com
Photo courtesy of Mom On Timeout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...