Thursday, December 3, 2015

Free gifts to bless others

Here's what I like about Bing Rewards and Swagbucks.  Both of these websites reward me with points for doing things I would normally do (like running web searches), and then I can exchange those points for gift cards.

Swagbucks        

Which is a wonderful thing.  I mean, who doesn't want free gift cards?  But the even better thing is what I can do with those gift cards.  I can give them away.

I have a friend whose mama is in the hospital.  Things are not looking good, and answers are elusive.  My friend is understandably distraught, and I just want to wrap her in a hug and tell her I love her.  Which I could totally do if she would spend more than 5 minutes in one place in between visiting her mama in the hospital, working full time, and managing a household and 3 children, two of whom have developmental challenges.  I also want to take this burden away from her, but that's something I can't do.

Enter Bing Rewards.  I had enough points in my account to redeem for a $5 Starbucks gift card.  It's not much, but that coffee will mean more to her than I can know.  It lets my dear friend know that I am with her, praying for her, loving her, sharing her burden in a small way.

$5 Starbucks Card

And it doesn't cost me a thing (well, except I'm not going to get to enjoy that cup of coffee, but since I don't like coffee, it's all good).

I like Bing because points are rewarded for each search you do (there are a couple of other ways to earn points as well), but the points are limited to a certain number per day.  I generally earn enough Bing Rewards points to redeem for one $5 gift card per month.

Swagbucks search rewards are random, but you can earn points in lots of other ways, and the number of points you can earn in a day are unlimited.  Swagbucks also has a much greater variety of rewards.  I generally earn enough swagbucks to redeem for one $25 gift card per month (if you want to give away smaller amounts, you can get smaller gift cards, or use your $25 gift card to buy ... gift cards ... in whatever denomination you want).

So anyway, I would like to encourage you to at least consider signing up for one or both of these services.  Since I don't earn an income, it is such a wonderful feeling to be able to bless others in small, tangible ways, without spending anything out of pocket.



**Another way to earn points is through referrals, and yes, those are my referral links up there.  If you do decide to sign up, and use my links, I will get some points, which I will then turn into gift cards and most likely give away**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...